Partners for Safety by Calgary's Child Magazine
For the 18th year, Partners for Safety will be on patrol to ensure children are safe as they go door to door collecting candy. More than 800 vehicles will patrol Calgary streets from 6pm to 8pm, making sure this will be a safe Halloween.
Founded in 1995 by UNICEF, the Partners for Safety include the Calgary Police Service, Emergency Medical Services, Calgary Fire Department, Calgary Transit, Shaw TV, Calgary Animal and Bylaw Services and Calgary’s Child Magazine. Any child experiencing a problem can go to a partner for help.
Halloween safety tips:
§ Tell your parents which area you will visit and when you will be back.
- Stay out of houses and cars unless parents permit.
- Travel in groups down one side of the street before crossing to the other.
- Look both ways before crossing the street and cross only at intersections.
- Avoid shortcuts through alleys, lanes or private property.
- Check treats with an adult before eating them.
- Wear bright, reflective clothing.
- Use makeup instead of masks, which can limit your vision.
- Carry a flashlight.
The Partners for Safety remind all motorists to be extra cautious when driving on Halloween night!
For more on what's happening around Calgary for Halloween fun, visit Calgary's Child online.
Calgary's Child Facebook
Calgary's Child Twitter
The Brighter Side Facebook